Click on ▶ to view the answers to frequently asked questions about IJME.
FAQs for Recruiters
I am a recruiter and I want to schedule in-person interviews with candidates in Delhi. How do I do that?
If you want to interview candidates in-person at NCAER, Delhi, you will have to follow the following procedure:
- When you register at EJM as a recruiter, be sure to choose the option of interviewing at the Indian Job market for Economists, Delhi, India 21-23 Dec 2022.
- After you shortlist the candidates for interview, submit the required details in the registration form
- Blocks of time will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis and you will be notified about the same.
- You need to schedule interviews with the candidates directly as per the time slots selected.
What all facilities will be available at NCAER, New Delhi for in-person interviews?
NCAER, New Delhi campus is situated at 11 Indraprastha Estate, New Delhi 110002. Directions. NCAER will provide following services for inperson interviews at their campus:
- Executive room for conducting interviews as per selected time slots.
- Internet/ Wi-Fi connection.
- Water/ tea/ coffee/ snacks. NCAER will not provide for any travel or stay arrangements. Recruiters need to coordinate with the candidates directly.
I am a recruiter and I have formal procedure for recruitment at my organization, which requires the candidates to apply directly to us. Can we still use IJME?
Yes, you can. IJME is a matching platform, and its goal is to ensure that interested candidates get to meet interested recruiters. After the initial interactions through IJME, you can always follow your own recruitment procedure and ask the candidates to comply.
FAQs about EconJobMarket.org
Why does IJME use EJM?
EJM offers one of the best job market platforms that is tailored for hiring PhD economists. The American and European job markets have also been using EJM as a centralized portal. EJM is easy to use and ads posted on the website have the following attractive features:
- No limit on the length of advertisement text.
- Ads may start as early as the day after they are created (at no extra charge).
- Ads can be posted for up to one year.
- Free use of application rating & evaluation system (for applications collected on EJM).
- Free use of an interview-scheduling system (whether or not applications are collected on EJM).
EJM says that upon receiving a request for the recruiter’s account, it will ‘verify the authenticity of the request’. How long does this verification take?
EJM verifies recruiters usually within one day.
What do you mean by ‘minimal ad’, ‘public ad’ and ‘featured ad’?
- Minimal ads are displayed only to logged-in users.
- Public ads are displayed to users even if they are not logged in.
- Featured ads have a prominent display on EJM’s home page.
I am hiring economists at an academic/educational institution or at a non-profit organization. What are the various pricing options for posting job ads?
As an academic/educational institution or non-profit, you can choose between three options:
- Minimal ad: Free.
- Public ad with services: First ad free. Subsequent ad $340 ($306 if paid by credit card).
- Featured ad: The first ad is $300 ($270 if paid by credit card). Subsequent ad $600 ($540 if paid by credit card).
I am hiring economists at a for-profit organization. What are the various pricing options for posting job ads?
As a for-profit institution, you can choose between three options:
- Minimal ad: The first ad is free. Subsequent ad $370 ($333 if paid by credit card).
- Public ad with services: First ad free. Subsequent ad $600 ($540 if paid by credit card).
- Featured ad: The first ad is $600 ($540 if paid by credit card). Subsequent ad $1,200 ($1,080 if paid by credit card).
Why does EJM charge money for posting ads?
EJM is a non-profit charity and only charges bare minimum fees to cover the costs of operating its website. There is no registration fee for recruiters (or anyone else) to use the site, just a fee to post certain types of ads. Note that the minimal ad option - which has all the essential features - is free for all academic and non-profit organizations.
Can I post a job ad without paying any money at all? What do you mean by ‘first ad free’?
Yes, this is possible with a minimal ad. First ad free means that none of the first-time recruiters will be charged if this is the first time using EJM and posting an ad.