SERI organizes both general-interest workshops and those focusing on special topics for the benefit of the economics research community in India.
Annual SERI Workshop
SERI’s annual workshop is a platform for faculty in India to present and get feedback on their research, with the aim of preparing their papers for submission to leading economic journals. The workshop is not restricted by field and features both theoretical and empirical work.
- Ninth workshop: July 8-9, 2023 at Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, Pune. Call for Papers. Note: Paper submission deadline has been extended from March 31 to April 10, 2023.
- Eighth workshop: July 23-24, 2022 at Indian School of Business, Hyderabad
- Seventh workshop: July 17-19, 2021 at Institute of Economic Growth, Delhi and Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics (online)
- Sixth workshop: July 7-10, 2020 at Institute of Economic Growth, Delhi (online)
- Fifth workshop: July 13-14, 2019 at Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Fourth workshop: July 14-15, 2018 at Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Third workshop: July 28-29, 2017 at Ashoka University, Sonepat
- Second workshop: July 9-10, 2016 at Indira Gandhi Institute for Development Research, Mumbai
- First workshop: July 17-18, 2015 at Indian School of Business, Hyderabad
The SERI-D workshop is geared towards advanced graduate students who are close to completing their PhD degree, again with the aim to provide detailed feedback that will enable students to submit their work for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Second workshop: December 9-10, 2022 (online). Zoom link
- First workshop: December 10-12, 2021 (online)
Special Topics Workshops
SERI also organizes specialized workshops in narrow areas of interest, which are meant to complement its general-interest annual SERI and SERI-D workshops.