SERI organizes both general-interest workshops and those focusing on special topics for the benefit of the economics research community in India:
- Annual Workshop for Economics Faculty and Researchers
- SERI-D Workshop for PhD Students
- Special Topics Workshops
- Webinar in Applied Micro
SERI’s annual workshop is a platform for faculty in India to present and get feedback on their research, with the aim of preparing their papers for submission to leading economic journals. The workshop is not restricted by field and features both theoretical and empirical work.
- Eighth workshop: July 23-24, 2022 at Indian School of Business, Hyderabad
- Seventh workshop: July 17-19, 2021 at Institute of Economic Growth, Delhi and Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics (online)
- Sixth workshop: July 7-10, 2020 at Institute of Economic Growth, Delhi (online)
- Fifth workshop: July 13-14, 2019 at Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Fourth workshop: July 14-15, 2018 at Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Third workshop: July 28-29, 2017 at Ashoka University, Sonepat
- Second workshop: July 9-10, 2016 at Indira Gandhi Institute for Development Research, Mumbai
- First workshop: July 17-18, 2015 at Indian School of Business, Hyderabad
The SERI-D workshop is geared towards advanced graduate students who are close to completing their PhD degree, again with the aim to provide detailed feedback that will enable students to submit their work for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- First workshop: December 10-12, 2022 (online)
Special Topics Workshops
SERI also organizes specialized workshops in narrow areas of interest, which are meant to complement its general-interest annual SERI and SERI-D workshops.
Seminar in Applied Microeconomics - Virtual Assembly and Discussion (SAMVAAD) is an online platform for faculty and researchers in India to present their work and get feedback from the applied micro community. Learn more.